ABSORBICA®-Y is a double lanyard with compact energy absorber, designed for progression on a vertical structure or a horizontal lifeline, and when passing intermediate anchors. It has several installation options on the harness and can be used with different types of connectors (sold without connectors).
Depending on the connectors used, the ABSORBICA®-Y is certified to American, European, and Russian standards.
Designed for progression on a vertical structure or horizontal lifeline, and when passing intermediate anchors
Absorbs energy in the event of a fall:
- tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user
- works with users who weigh between 50 and 130 kg
- progressive tearing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users
Minimal bulk:- compact energy absorber facilitates handling
Durable fabric pouch with opening system at each end, protects the energy absorber from abrasion or contaminants while allowing for regular inspection of the absorber
Two options for installation on the harness, depending on use:
- frequent connection/disconnection: with a carabiner held in correct position by the STRING positioning accessory (included with the lanyard)
- semi-permanent connection: using either a RING OPEN gated ring whose circular shape ensures optimal positioning, or a SWIVEL OPEN to avoid tangling